Blake Lively Rocks a 60s Satin Headband
She wore a blush toned satin headband keeping her auburn voluminous hair at bay with dazzling hoop earrings and a bold smokey eye. She looked stunning, but the throwback satin headband really caught our attention. (pic via NYPost). Here's how to make your own.
How To DIY Blake Lively's Satin Headband + Style:
1. Head to your local fabric store. Look for 1.5 inch - 2 in. thick satin ribbon which is smooth on the outside and textured on the inside so it won't slip off your head.
*We love this double-sided satin ribbon in sage and olive for $1.98 a yard here.
2. Tie a knot in the back with your hair covering the small knot.
3. Secure the satin ribbon with bobby pins so it stays in place, then cover with your real hair.
4. Use hairspray on upper portion and as needed to help hold in place.
5. Make sure it's placed high enough on your head so it doesn't slip back off your head.
7. Don't forget to add Bridgette Bardot voluminous waves to your hair.
8. Add medium sized hoop earrings from your favorite costume jewelry shop.
9. Rosé pumps are a definite Do and for a tutorial on 'Celebrity Flawless Leg Secrets' using Sally Hansen makeup spray, check out one of our first Youtube Videos. (please forgive the quality.)
10. Complete the look with smokey eyes, dewey skin and and your favorite light pink lipstick.
Thanks for reading. More about our satin pillowcases below...